6 October 2009

I can count five generations of knitters!

Who taught you to knit? I can’t remember a time when I could not knit! My earliest memory of knitting is in my Aunt’s house in Australia as a small girl and seeing my grandmother knitting, my aunt and two cousins knitting and getting help from them. Later on one of these cousins showed me how to hold my needles and wool ‘correctly’. (Of course there were other aunts, cousins, my mother and sister who knitted as well, but they were not in my very first knitting memory.)

In turn, I have taught my daughter to knit; she has taught two of her daughters to knit; (third will do when she is older, I’m sure!)

My second son and his elder daughter (my granddaughter) were both taught by his mother-in-law and me to knit just two years ago. And here they are. Though they live in South Africa they have visited the knitting group when staying with me, and have shown us how much they have improved over the two years since their last visit. This time, Tim has knitted 2 rabbits with scarves and Keziah has knitted a mouse with a squeaker and started on a second mouse! I am expecting to see some more knitted items and may be giving help via Skype until we meet again!

The rabbits are called 'Avo' (avocado) and 'Brinjal' (which is an Indian word for aubergine)!





No comments:

Post a Comment